is a highly reactive pozzolan. It is processed from a natural, white, silica deposit found in New Zealand. Like silica fume, it is a very fine amorphous silica and falls in the microsilica family of products. When added with Portland cement, Microsilica 600 facilitates high performance concrete by promoting:
• Very low chloride ion diffusion
• Increased compressive strength
• Reduced water permeability
• Improved sulphate resistance
• Improved abrasion resistance
• Improved resistance to chemical attack
• Improved stability in geothermal environments
• Reduced efflorescence
The NZ Standard NZS 3122:2009 - Specification for Portland and Blended Cements, classifies Microsilica 600 as a “silica fume”.
Microsilica 600 meets the performance requirements of most International Silica Fume Standards such as the Australian Standard-AS358.2, silica fume and the Canadian Standard - Can/CSA-A23.5M86 Supplementary Cementing Materials for Type U Silica Fume. In New Zealand, the Pacific and in Asia, Microsilica 600 is used in infrastructure projects, port & harbour development, commercial and industrial floors and the construction of buildings and structures located in aggressive environments.